Sunday 11 July 2010

TYI by the beach

Over at Tag You're It we have been feeling all summery with this fabuous weather so our challenge is to make a tag with the theme of by the beach. I borrowed my pals stampin up shell stamps for this one using the masking and layering technique to make a pile of shells. All coloured with distress inks then mounted onto black card. The swirly stamp around the edges is a docrafts corner stamp and the letters are from a fab alphabet set by woodware. some wool and fibre added for a seaweed look and thats it complete.
If you joined in our tag swap the tags were posted yesterday so should be with you soon - They were stunning!
Hope this has scheduled ok as I'm at work today :0)

10 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this Janet, luv Georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those stamps Janet - lovely tag too - ((HUG)) Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag love those shell stamps and you have made the very most of them here, love it! Hows your back now? xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've doodles the outline of the stamps too Janet - makes them stand out. A very summery tag! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, love those shells :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Janet, different from your usual style but every bit as good.

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing the work in progress and the finished result is beautiful, Janet. The shells look really 3d.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab tag Janet. I LOVE those stamps and you've worked wonders with them
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.