Wednesday 5 May 2010

I love my days off!

I worked so much in April I have been soooo looking forward to this week for some quality time off. The house has been quiet so Ive made the most of playing in the craft room. I started this yesterday and finished it off this morning - It was a noughts and crosses game board or tic tac toe. It cost me 2 quid in a sale yonks ago and has been sat since then waiting to be played with.

First I gessoed the frame and the game pieces. Then I inked the game pieces and stamped on them with various crafty Individuals stamps. Except the middle 3 which are stamped with Tim Holtz background stamps. I have embossed the letters to spell art with BM ultra thick.

Then painted the frame with Claudine Helmuths traditional tan paint and over stamped with the Tim holtz crackle background stamp in sepia archival ink. All the game pieces have been embossed with clear embossing powder and stuck down with glossy accents.

The whole thing has then had a couple of coats of spray varnish and is now hanging in my dining room where I display the art I have been sent too! It was lots of fun and didnt take nearly as long as the project I will hopefully share tomorrow which has been drying and waiting to be assembled.
Thanks for stopping by x
Janet

11 comments:

  1. It's stunning! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow janet thats fab.really really fab!!Them days are just the best arent they when you get the house to yourselfxxx
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fabulous Janet, and leaving us waiting for more with that tantilising comment...what are you going to show us tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Janet x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented Janet, this is stunning, beautifully finished off.
    Enjoy your time, indulge!!
    Hugs
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello hunny how are you? hopeyou are well. Its been great to catch up with your latest creations and im loving them all. Great box and what a lovely gift inside too!! have a wonderful day hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly Scrumptious my friend, luv georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow popped over to see your Bah! Humbug! entry and found this. How lucky am I? This is just fabulous. So inspiring.
    Have put you in my favourites as I really can't wait to see more of your projects.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly gorgeous Janet, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.