Tuesday 4 May 2010

Re use - recycle - Tuesday Taggers

Well I was a little stuck for this weeks challenge - Ive worked a lot this week and my brain has not been creative at all. In fact on Friday when Michelle came round to craft I hardly did anything at all - very un- like me. Then on Saturday morning my subscription copy of Craft stamper popped onto the mat with a whole host of matchbox projects Hurrah!

So yesterday I began by gessoing the matchbox then painting it with Pool paint dabber. I also gessoed 2 pages from an old book then inked one with raspberry adirondack dye ink and the other with pool.

I then punched out 8 scallop circles with my SU punch - on the pool one adding raspberry to the edges before snipping into the scallops then screwing up the paper. Opened them out and added a brad to the middle.

I added the raspberry paper to the box then made a little card to go inside which says" to be read between the lines". I am lucky to have a couple of pals who are good at this - reading me between the lines and sometimes before I know myself there is a problem they have it already sussed - I have some fabulous pals! Eyelets and ribbon added to the "drawer" and there it is. For a tiny project it took me a while to do. Sorry the pics are so poor - I did take some in daylight but by the time I got on the computer and saw how blurred they were it was dark and the lighting is once again poor.
There are some fabulous recycling ideas over at tuesday taggers so do pop over to get some inspiration - Im looking forward to seeing your rubbish turned into treasure.
Happy Tuesday Bloggers x Janet

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for using a matchbox, really like the finished item. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Janet - very cool project.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little treasure box great how inspiration can arrive just when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the quote inside, too. Thank you so much for your lovely card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Janet, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a match box for recicling too. Looks like we read the same magazine lol The flower onthe top is fab. On TT when I click on yr name above yr project a broken link comes up
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.