Thursday 6 May 2010

This took a long time!

Although in reality it was all the drying time that made it a long project. I saw something similar on Tim Holtz blog a few days ago and knowing I had a few small frames I thought I would give it a whirl. The roses are made from grungepaper. Much harder to work with than the usual card I have used before and they took ages to dry with glossy accents. I stamped the grungeboard with a graphicus flower then inked with the TH distress inks - the honey one, Victorian velvet and spiced marmalade. Once assembled and dry I then smeared them liberally with distress rock candy stickles
Sorry this pic is a bit blurred I am no good at close ups! You get the impression of the rock candy though it looks gorgeous like they are glistening.

The frame was gessoed - 2 coats, painted - 2 coats then a coat of rock candy crackle - you getting the picture of the long drying times??? I have added the frame to some really thick card to make it into a birthday card for Jacci (necklace post below too). They have all been stuck in the frame using silicone glue - whoops forgot the leaves - they are stamped with the build a rose DC leaf, inked and cut out and shaped and glued in like the flowers and ticket.
It was a pain to do, very messy but I love it! Hope it was worth the wait Sandy! xx
Im entering this into the creative card crew challenge which is April showers brings May flowers!

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Janet, well worth all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Janet - def. worth the wait!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! Wild Honey is my fav distress colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing Janet,what a wonderful card, luv georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its fantastic Janet, the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's stunning,well worth your hard work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning gorgeous beautiful lucky Jacci.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some fantastic creations her. I love the pressy and box and this is amazing. It does look like a lot work went into it. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You betcha Janet - it certainly was worth the wait! Absolutely terrific! I'm thinking you will have used nearly a whole tube of the rock candy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet it is stunning! You have done an amazing job. I have yet top do anything successful with grunge paper. I love the rock candy finish on the flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both these projects are amazing Janet, love the plaque but knowing what that frame looked like before you altered it, I've got to say it's a work of ART, and even better in real life!
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, this is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Janet you certainly are in a very creative mode with all these absolutely fabulous creations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I just saw the tutorial for making those flowers too! I gave it a whirl...it's a fun project! You did a beautiful job with it too! Thanks for playing at CCC!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janet this is just absolutely fantastic!! I'm just starting to play with these flowers but I've not perfected them yet - these are 100% bang on! I love them! Took a long time, but well worth the effort I assure you! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look at my bits and pieces. If you leave a comment I can pop over to yours and have a peep at your work too.